The newly brewed up Parker County Brewing located just outside of Fort Worth, Texas in a small town called Willow Park is set to release their newly conjured up brew, Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. This deliciously rich and bold darker beer is being celebrate this Friday, May 11th at 5pm with a first pour and tasting of the new jewel. Join the crew and be ready to delve into a world where sweet and bold come together in perfect harmony!
Parker County Brewing is located at 225 Shops Blvd, Suite 105, Willow Park, Texas 76087. The event is to take place from 5-7pm with the outgoing Mayor Pat Dean, incoming Mayor Marc Povero and City Manager Patrick Lawler attending the event to help celebrate. Cheers and God bless!
Once again the aromas of tacos, spicy peppers and beans have entered the scene full fledged with family and friends gathering around for a day of fun in the sun. Texas is known for having some of the best Cinco De Mayo celebrations happening throughout the state, and each year the events only seem to get bigger and better. Although most of my friends tend to lean more toward the traditional Mexican beers like Dos Equis and Corona, I like to keep my beer crafty and full of flavor. For this reason I have conjured up a list of five different craft beers that have a Mexican spin on them to try instead of the other stuff (God bless them all).
- 903 Brewers Cerveza Por Favor- This deliciously light lager is perfect for the warm and sunny Cinco De Mayo goers with only 4% ABV and lightly hopped providing a nice light citrus flavor with a balanced bitterness and malt profile. This Mexican styled lager is sure to refresh as well as enhance your mind and body throughout the eventful day.
- Deep Ellum Brewing Neato Bandito- Stepping up in the ABV level at 6% this Imperial Mexican styled lager is sure to get you loose for plenty of dancing, but beware as you continue on your dancing may become an embarrassment. Light and crisp with plenty of malt biscuit type flavors swirling around with a touch of citrus hops to help keep everything in perspective (Except your dancing).
- Rahr and Sons Brewing Paleta De Mango- If anywhere in North Texas knows about Mexican it is Fort Worth. This Mexican inspired ale is straight out of the downtown area with plenty of mango, lime and tropical fruit notes that provide a refreshing juicy experience that is ideal for enhancing your Mexican food pairing options and it is also right in the middle of ABV level of 5%, so not too low to sweat out, but not too bold to knock you out.
- Oskar Blues Brewing Beerito- Supposing someone came up with this one while sipping on too many cervezas while craving burritos, but the outcome was quite favorable to say the least. A Mexican inspired amber lager with a sessionable drink-ability at 4.5% ABV and a nice creamy mouthfeel that provides flavors of toasted bread, honey sweetness, dark fruits and bits of cocoa, and is sure to pair well with an actual burrito.
- Blackwater Draw Brewing Border Town- A Mexican style vienna lager with plenty of rich malts that give a sweet caramel and toasted notes with a touch of hop bitterness that provides balance and a crisp finish. A good overall ABV level of 5.5% that keeps you somewhat grounded and can yet slap you harder than the pretty Mexican lady you just tried making a move on while dancing like a fool.
The fresh spring air with temperatures settling nicely in the mid-70’s makes for the perfect grilling weather along with a crisp brew in hand. Just in time and making a splash in the Dallas/Fort Worth scene is the brand new release from Wild Acre Brewing; Sip-N-Go German-Style Pils.
With floral hop aromas with a slight citrus kick and spicy notes balanced by a bit of honey sweetness and a moderate malt backbone is exactly what helps lighten the mood during these green, sunny days. This brew would pair great with some grilled up barbecue burgers or German-styled brawts.
You can a grab a six pack at your local bottle shop or grocery store throughout the greater North Texas area. Sip, savor and enjoy! Cheers and God bless!
Released a little over a week ago and just in time for those warm spring days is Shannon Brewing Company’s Pussy Willow Pilsner. A light bodied lager that features aromas of floral hops and lemon peel with hints of honey and dill pickle. Each sip provides a smooth sweet beginning reminiscent of honey nut cheerios with a touch of citrus tang and a dry herbal and black pepper finish.
Perfect for warm spring days by the grill with friends and family. Goes well with some mesquite grilled chicken and a baked potato and for a sweet kick go for a complimented dish like some banana pudding.
These beauties can be found at your favorite pubs and bottle shops throughout the greater DFW metroplex and other surrounding locations. Pick up a six pack today and sip and savor. Cheers and God bless!
It’s that time again where the green grows bright and the warmer air climbs which brings out the hoppy spring brews, and what better way to celebrate than with the mothership of all hop-filled beers? This Saturday, March 30th marks the release party of Dogfish Heads 120 Minute IPA 2018 Edition with sampling from prior years including 15′, 16′ and 17′ at their brewery in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. For those that live a bit out from that location, hang on tight, because it will be only a couple short weeks and you will be able to get your hands on some of this hop loaded bomber at your local bottle shop and pub.
Remember to sip and savor this beast with care as it stands stout at 18% ABV and a hop bitterness rate of 120, enough to make you pucker up and make you feel alive. On the other side, this brew features flavors and aromas of citrus and floral hops, orange peel, caramel, honey and pine needles. Cheers and God bless!
Is climate change affecting beer production? Is this a real problem? Many scientists are stating yes as the change affects the growth of hops and malts throughout America and the world as a whole.
Read more here: Climate Change Affecting Beer
Revolver Brewing Company has now stepped up their game and joined the aluminum race with the introduction of their now canned brews. All of their brews including Blood and Honey, Long-Range Pils, Full-Tang IPA and Sidewinder Pale Ale will all come in cans. The bottles will still be available as usual, but now those that tend to break more than they ought can now fall over stupid onto, and henceforth crush their delicious brew and limit damage to themselves and those around them.
This is a wonderful addition with Spring Break at bay and summertime just around the corner. Nothing like koozie carrying, head crushing crazy people soaking up the sun with a Revolver brew in a can! You can find them someone near you (you’re on your own with that one) in 6 or 12-packs. Grab em, savor em and enjoy em! Cheers!